Friday, January 15, 2010

No Goose, only Goos Stories:)




Well, there was a lot of fog out this morning. By 10am it was still foggy so I packed it up. There were recent goose tracks everywhere. By the indention in the mud I would guess a bunch of geese landed on the place in the last few days when it warmed up and then when it dropped below freezing again their tracks were frozen in the mud. They were everywhere! On my way out I had four geese fly very low out in front of me. Had they come right over the top of me they would have been shootable'. They actually flew another hundred yards and landed in the corn field I was hunting. They weren't reachable from where the blind was however. They actually got up again while I was walking down the path and almost flew right over my head. They flared about 50 yards out. On my way home I saw another small group on a field at Iatan and another medium size group in the air (around 10:40am). So, maybe goose hunting isn't done- it's just a later hunt. We'll see:)

No comments:

Post a Comment